These intensely flavoured mushrooms are a perfect addition to stock, a risotto, or simply on toast. Porcini mushrooms are also known as Cepes. They provide a more intense flavour than fresh mushrooms. The liquid left over from re-hydrating them can be used to deepen the flavour of your mushroom dish.
Available in 30g bag.
- Infuse with cream and wine to make an incredible pasta sauce
- Infuse into stock for a mushroom risotto, then sauté them afterwards to sprinkle on top.
- Add into slow cooked dishes like braised lamb shanks or beef short ribs to boost background flavour.
- Mushrooms on toast - After rehydrating, chop up and then saute with fresh mushrooms in butter or oil. Finish with a splash of vinegar and fresh herbs.
- Grind into a powder to use when flavouring stocks, soups, marinade and rubs.